Assistant/Junior Graphic Designer
Marketing and Communications
Peter Clarson, Graphic Designer
The Whitehouse, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8GA
9.30am to 5.30pm
Negotiable, depending on experience
GIA is an independent firm of chartered surveyors and technical specialists. We are the leading practice in rights of light and neighbourly matters and are pioneers in the field of designing for daylight in increasingly dense cities. We also provide a full building consultancy service. For more than 25 years we have been building our reputation for delivering creative solutions on some of the most prestigious developments in the UK and around the world. With over 150 employees in offices in London and Manchester, we are the largest specialist advisor in the UK.
To assist the Senior/Lead Designer in the production of GIA graphics material including: Fee Proposals; Reports; CVs; Case Studies; Social Media adverts; Email Banners; Website updates/maintenance; and Internal communications and projects.
- Creative with an educational background or experience in Graphic Design or design generally;
- Degree educated, although not essential;
- Technical skills (Essential);
Adobe CC Indesign;
Adobe CC Photoshop;
Adobe CC Illustrator;
- Technical skills (Desirable);
Adobe CC Premier Pro;
Adobe CC After Effects;
- Develop training skills;
- Manage larger projects;
- Strive to take on more responsibility;
- Wider understanding of GIA service subjects.
• Enforce the GIA brand;
• Maintain quality and consistency of items produced by working with Graphic Lead;
• Effectively manage time to deliver projects within deadlines;
• Take responsibility for quality of own work, and consider ways of improving work processes;
• Communicate effectively with surveyors and project managers, as required by each project.
• Attention to detail;
• Have good written and spoken English language skills with a strong grasp of typography;
• Good communication skills;
• Work well in a team;
• Interest in the built environment.
What we offer:
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package:
- 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 through length of service. This is awarded as 2 days after 2 years and 1 day per year thereafter up to the maximum of 27;
- In addition to the holiday allowance, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year;
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, whereby the employer contribution increases through length of service;
- Private Health Care after 1 year of service;
- Interest-free commuter travel loan, after successful completion of probation period;
- Life Insurance after six months of service;
- Eye Care Vouchers;
- Access to Employee Assistance Support Line;
- Annual Salary review.
We also run various events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas parties and various charity events.