The Whitehouse, Belvedere Road, London SE1 8GA
9.30am to 5.30pm
Negotiable, depending on experience, plus benefits
GIA is an independent firm of chartered surveyors and technical specialists. We are the leading practice in rights of light and neighbourly matters and are pioneers in the field of designing for daylight in increasingly dense cities. We also provide a full building consultancy service. For more than 25 years we have been building our reputation for delivering creative solutions on some of the most prestigious developments in the UK and around the world. With over 150 employees in offices in London and Manchester, we are the largest specialist advisor in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a credit controller to join our finance team. This role will have responsibility for the collection of debt for GIA and associated companies and reducing debtor days for all entities to fall in line with payment terms of 30 days. This role will also assist in the production of management information around debtors for the partners and control the debt chasing process, including coordinating the query resolution process.
Sole responsibility for the credit control function including:
- Banking cheques and posting receipts.
- Reconciling collections with the bank.
- Making calls and sending emails chasing all outstanding debts.
- Coordinating the resolution of queries and raising of credit notes where required.
- Recording accurate notes in the accounting package in line with the credit control procedure, including disputed invoices, payment promises and notes of calls/emails.
- Reporting to management on a weekly basis.
- Meeting with department heads to discuss the ledger monthly.
- Managing the litigation process where appropriate in partnership with the Finance.
- Manager.Assessing and recommending adequate credit limits.
- Setting up new customers on the system, including due diligence to ensure the correct entity.
- Work collaboratively with the billing team to identify synergies, best practice and efficiencies.
- Undertake any ad-hoc tasks requested by the Finance Manager.
- Provide support to other finance team members as required.
- Work with other members of the finance team when considering holidays to ensure the department has enough cover for your responsibilities.
- Provide cover, where deemed appropriate by the Finance Manager, for other members of the finance team when required (for annual leave or sickness).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills and be comfortable producing reports.
- Detailed working experience of Sage.
- Experience of working within a time billing environment and understand the challenges this brings when chasing debts.
- Be confident and comfortable approaching colleagues of all levels to drive the process forward and achieve own targets.
- Be dynamic and flexible, with the ability to take on full ownership of the function and work independently through a structured framework.
- Be customer focused, detail-oriented and self-motivated to manage areas of ambiguity and resolve complex issues.
- Be willing to share ideas and skills with the rest of the team to allow a positive flow of knowledge share.
- Integrity; team player; detail focussed; proactive, with a good sense of humour.
What we offer:
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package:
- 22 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 through length of service. This is awarded as 2 days after 2 years and 1 day per year thereafter up to the maximum of 27;
- In addition to the holiday allowance, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year;
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme, whereby the employer contribution increases through length of service;
- Private Health Care after 1 year of service;
- Interest-free commuter travel loan, after successful completion of probation period;
- Life Insurance after six months of service;
- Eye Care Vouchers;
- Access to Employee Assistance Support Line;
- Annual Salary review.
We also run various events throughout the year including Summer and Christmas parties and various charity events.