Sam Wallis – Partner
GIA North LLP, 2 Commercial Street, Manchester, M15 4RQ
9.30am to 5.30pm
Negotiable, depending on experience
GIA is an independent firm of chartered surveyors and technical specialists. We are the leading practice in rights of light and neighbourly matters and are pioneers in the field of designing for daylight in increasingly dense cities. We also provide a full building consultancy service. For more than 25 years we have been building our reputation for delivering creative solutions on some of the most prestigious developments in the UK and around the world. With over 150 staff in offices in London and Manchester, we are the largest specialist advisor in the UK.
We are looking to recruit a Design Analyst to create highly accurate and realistic 3D AutoCAD models (in solids) of development sites and surrounding buildings for use with in-house analysis software (training supplied) for our Manchester office.
- Independently run modelling and analysis jobs;
- Create three-dimensional modelling of buildings and their surroundings for GIA North Surveyors and their clients;
- Generate 3D AutoCAD drawings;
- Run analyses and compile results using bespoke software;
- Calculate maximum development envelope and propose cutbacks;
- Managing projects while working to deadlines and within budgets;
- Keep clear records of all the above within company guidelines;
- Regularly communicate with Surveyors and Project Managers on progress
- Experience using 3D AutoCAD;
- A methodical and dedicated work ethic;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of the building industry;
- An understanding of how buildings are laid out internally;
- 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Revit;
- Work well in a team;
- Good sense of humour.
What we offer:
In addition to our competitive salary, we offer a generous benefits package:
- 20 days’ holiday per year, increasing through length of service, plus your birthday;
- In addition to the holiday allowance, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year;
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme;
- Private Health Care after one year of service;
- Life Insurance after 6 months’ service;
- Access to Employee Assistance Support Line.